Friday, April 19, 2024

Eastern Time: || Central Time: || Pacific Time: || UTC:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
RTTC_XTREME
Commander
Posted on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Power and Specs

Microsoft has not given us the full specs of the newest Xbox, but they have released some basic specs that are crazy for a console. Microsoft is going all out with the internal hardware of the Series X. This comes as no surprise considering how powerful PCs have become. People were looking to Xbox to change this for console gamers. Microsoft claimed that this newest Xbox will be four times faster than the current Xbox One, and it has been rumored they are using a lot of custom hardware as well.

Here are the specs of the Xbox Series X that we have so far:

• Processor: Custom AMD Zen 2-based CPU (8x @ 3.6 GHz)
  • Graphics: Custom AMD Navi-based GPU (12 TF RDNA
  • Memory: 16GB GDDR6 RAM (13GB guaranteed for game developers)
  • Storage: NVMe SSD (read speeds of anywhere up to 2GB/s)
  • Video output: 8K, 4K @ 120Hz
  • Optical drive: 4K Blu-ray
  • Ports: Unknown
  • Color: Matte Black
  • Price: Unknown
  • Release date: Holiday 2020

Currently, the Xbox One has multiple HDMI ports on the back and some USB ports on the front or side of the Xbox. It is unknown what power sources the Xbox Series X will use and whether or not the console’s power bar is going to be a different size.

The Series X will be able to play games at up to 120 frames per second and up to 8K resolution. This is a massive milestone for console gaming, as they have been stuck at 60 frames per second for years now, and it is about time they received an upgrade.

Another notable feature is the new SSD coming inside of the Xbox Series X. This is a big win for console gamers because an SSD is a much faster storage unit than traditional hardware, which will make game loading speeds much faster for the Series X.

GreenGiant84
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Wow!!! Looks pretty sweet. Not only is it boxy... But with the list of internals it's sounding more like a pc. Of which I'm not mad at that.

Lemon_Drop
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:32 pm

Might take 2 slugs to het through this one.Tongue Out

Joshua day
Chief Warrant Officer W4
Posted on Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Lemon Drop where have you been I've been sending invites to play with you but I got nothing hit me up if you want to play 

© Copyright 2006 - 2024 Rotten To The Core Gaming