Sunday, April 28, 2024

Eastern Time: || Central Time: || Pacific Time: || UTC:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
LasVegasSinner
Commander
Posted on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:15 pm

Yo just checking out if anyone would like to give me there input on the good to bad comparison fo the Microsoft consoles head to head. I would like to hear some reviews from members before I actually switch over to the XB1 console.

Thank you

RTTC Las Vegas 

RTTC Mr Jersey
Captain
Posted on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm

I love mine! Blue ray, great graphics, stylish dashboard, complete control with voice over volume control, tv channels and power options...Some things are a touch more complicated but it's what you have to expect with change! All in all its a badass machine and I can't wait to see u on it!

Xtreme
Administrator
Posted on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:43 pm

I've yet to hear anyone I know with one respond that they aren't a fan. It is a far superior machine than the 360. I just wonder how the longevity the will have. So far I haven't heard about to many issues but I can also sadly say I haven't been very gaming minded either. Good to see y'all 

Killogic
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:40 pm

The Xbox One vs The Xbox 360.  Let's see here.  I get the issue out of the way and that the One is more powerful than the 360.  When the game developer takes advantage of that the graphics are far superior.  If yu like the 360 controller than you'll pretty much like the Xbox One controller as well.  Both controllers fit the hands very well.  

A big difference is that you have to install the games on the Xbox One.  You can not play directly from the disc as you can on the 360.  At a 500gb this space can fill up rather quickly.  Yes there are some 1TB systems, but be prepared to purchase an external harddrive.  Or pick and choose which games to keep.  

The main difference is the user interface.  The Xbox One button on the controller doesn't bring up a menu like on the xbox button on the 360.  It instead moves what you are currently doing and moves it to the background per say and takes you to your home screen.  The screen from when you first turn your One console on.  While you are doing this your game or activity will be running in the background.  It will alert you if a multiplayer match is about to start.  

Depending on which console you get it will either come with a Kinect or not.  Using the Kinect will allow to use voice commands on the Xbox One.  I find it to be great when watching movies or trying to connect to party chat.  It also allows you to instanly record something you did in the game.  I'm not sure how it's done without the Kinect.  I know it involves the Xbox One button.  

There's an adapter kit you can use for the Turtle Beach headsets you may already have.  I would avoid the Xbox One headset.  It tends to just stop working.  Same goes for the adapter as well.  At least in my experience.  I ended up getting a turtle beach headset made for the Xbox One.  Those results may not happen to everyone, but I know a lot of people aren't fans of the headset that comes with the console.

On the Xbox 360 you can have 100 friends.  On the Xbox One you can have 1000 friends.  So plenty of room for friends.  Unitil friend 1001.  Then choices have to be made.  But sacrifices won't have to be made as they were on the 360.  

One difference between the two consoles that I don't like is that the Xbox One doesn't do voice messenging.  Why they don't is something I don't understand.  I think it's because Microsoft is pushing their Xbox One Smart Connect App.  I will say it does act as a great companion app and you can respond and send messages faster with the App.  But they should still have you voice message instead making you rely on your phone or tablet.

There is definitely a difference between the two consoles.  You'll be able to see the Microsoft is moving forward.  Or trying to anyways.  Learning the Xbox One will take some time, but once you do doing stuff on the console becomes more fluid.  

Hopefully this helped.

Last edited by Killogic - Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:12 pm
RTTC Mr Jersey
Captain
Posted on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm

If u double tap your glowing xbox button u can snap any app including friends list or your tv even! Is all I would add to Killogics statement.

RTTC INFANTRY
2nd Lieutenant
Posted on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:02 am

Well as much time and effort I have put in Microsoft i say Xbox One, but from what I have seen here latley with PS4 I am beginning to question it....I have been looking up alot of reveiws. Seems grpahic comparrison they are about the same. Xbox one has had some buggy issues while PSN gets hacked from time to time. Controls for PS4 are pretty smooth but if you are like me and use to Xbox then it tkes some adjusting. Truth I would search a little but before a deciding. For me I am still XB1 even if it makes me mad sometimes lol

RTTC German
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Sun May 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Really need a XB1 man but also I loves me some PC

XboxLive: GermansRTTC

Steam: germansrttc

Killogic
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Mon May 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Originally posted by RTTC German:

Really need a XB1 man but also I loves me some PC

I thought you had a Xbox 1?